“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing”
Hobby clubs are an integral part of the daily curriculum. The aim of these clubs is to encourage creativity of students. The basic aim of the clubs is to motivate the young minds and support them to create something new. All the activities in the clubs are primarily based upon the concept of ‘learning by doing’. It also promotes social and cultural values among the cadets. These clubs are supervised by well-trained staff.
1. Arts Club. The aim of arts club is to acquire and develop various skills in sketching and painting by the cadets. Arts club plays an important role in the holistic development of cadet’s creativity. Arts, not only enrich our lives, communities and culture, but are also vital to a child’s education. In the club they are taught the nuances of art and colours. Art gives happiness to the cadets and they lead to a stress free life which helps them in their studies.
2. Craft Club. Artistic sense increases the creativity level of human brain. Through craft education, a student can understand the value of work, inculcate team Spirit and discipline. In the club, cadets are taught to make models of Aircraft, Tank, Gun, Boat and various types of wooden toys, flower vase, Pot stand from the roots of trees etc. The exhibits are also displayed during the various exhibitions.
3. Music club. The aim of Music club is the overall development of a cadet’s creative talent. It gives peace and positive energy to the cadets for doing their daily work. In the club, they are trained in singing as well as on various Musical instruments like Drum, Congo, Harmonium, and Guitar. Cadets perform various musical skills during morning assembly and also during school cultural activities.
4. Camera Club. The aim of Camera club is to teach the basic skills of photography to every member of the club. Camera club of the school is rightly an important instrument and training tool for the school. It helps cadets to turn their interest in photography into a hobby. Camera club provides training of photography through latest technology and equipments. It encourages cadets to express their thoughts and emotions through art of photography.
5. IT Club. The aim of IT Club is to develop skills in handling and operating IT equipments and their applications. Today, Computers are an integral part of our lives. The club focuses on increasing students’ awareness of computers and their uses in our daily lives, with a view to preparing citizens of tomorrow who are better equipped to deal with the challenges of the ever changing information technology.
6. Chemistry Club is a part of the Department of Chemistry. The objective of chemistry club is to develop scientific attitude among the cadets and to apply science in everyday context .The Club has members from class VI to XII. The members of the club prepare charts and working/non-working models for school and inter-school science exhibitions.
7. Bio and Nature Club. The aim of BIO Club is to develop scientific attitude in the cadets by exploring the flora and fauna of the surrounding areas. Various activities being performed in the club includes Identification of common flora within the school campus in reference to their Scientific Names and medicinal utilities, Understanding the process of classification and diversity of organisms, studying common weeds and grasses, understanding occurrence of alien species of plants like Lantana; Parthenium; study about feathers of common birds by using charts in the laboratory and studying common Birds in local premises.
8. Physics Club. The aim of Physics Club is to develop scientific attitude in physics among the cadets. Cadets are taught how physics is applied in daily life. Cadets have the opportunity to showcase their skills while building projects that are based on physics.
9. Riding Club. The basic objective of Riding Club is to give our cadets exposure to handling a horse and develop riding skills. Apart from being a hobby, Horse-riding helps in personality development of a cadet. If a person can handle an animal well, he or she can tackle difficult situations in life too. Cadets are also trained in jockey skills that are exhibited during various functions.