1. Smart Class Rooms. All the classrooms in the school have been converted into Smart Classrooms. Smart Classrooms are technology enhanced classrooms that foster opportunities for teaching and learning by integrating learning technology, such as computers, specialized software, audience response technology, assistive listening devices, networking, and audio/visual capabilities.
2. Adventure Activity. Cadets are regularly selected and sent every year for rock climbing training to HMI Darjeeling, NIM uttar kashi, MIM Manali, Adventure Traveller Academy Gridih (Jharkhand), National Adventure Institute Panchmarhi and the adventure camps organized by Sainik Schools Society. In addition various other activities like river rafting, cycling expedition and trekking are also organized to instill the spirits of adventure in the cadets.
3. Laboratories. The School is well-equipped with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computer labs with the latest machines and broadband internet facility as well as multimedia teaching rooms that integrate technology with traditional methods.
4. Obstacle Course. School has well designed Obstacle Course which includes all the GTO Task for SSB Training. Cadets are trained on the obstacle to enhance their physically and mentally capability to do such obstacles.
5. English Language Lab. Sainik School Tilaiya has a wonderful language lab which helps the cadets to improve their phonetics, pronunciation, Provides better grasp over language, improve their spoken skill, spelling, etc.
6. Equestrian. The school has 7 horses and a well qualified Horse Instructor to train the cadets. The horses are trained on Show jumping skills and also used to escort the VIPs during various ceremonial events.
7. Swimming Pool. School has modern swimming pool of 25 metres with lanes for competition. Cadets are trained by well qualified PTI Staff.
8. Gymnasium. The school also has a well equipped gymnasium with multi gym equipments to keep cadets fit and healthy.
9. School Band. The school has an excellent band which provides avenue for the young cadets to develop their skills in mastering various instruments such as bigul, bagpipe, bass, drums etc under the guidance of experienced personnel. The band is the chief attraction in all ceremonial parades of the school.